Sunday 9 December 2012

Day 9 of Blogmas Christmas Manicure

I hope you have all had a great weekend! I have had an amazing weekend, had a great day at work on Saturday followed by a lovely Christmas party and relaxing all day today! So keeping with the festive theme here is my Christmas manicure....
First I trimmed my natural nail, shaped them with the file, massaged some cuticle oil in, pushed them back and trimmed then buffed my nails so even out any uneven surfaces.
I started with my Sally Hanson nail varnish as a base coat, then I painted the tips of my nails with an white French tip colour I had. I do this free hand with the nail varnish brush, I start with one coat going vertically and once it is dry I put on a second coat horizontally to even out any lines. I wait for this to dry.
It doesn't have to be perfect as the glitter will help to hide any imperfections. I then put a thick layer of the glitter over my French tip! I have used my new models own Ibiza mix from the hedkandi range. I then wait for this to dry and finish with a top coat.
I have already had this nail varnish on for two days. It has lasted well I also think that glitter helps to prolong the tips as glitter is really hard to remove for your nails, it also disguises chips as it looks like pieces of glitter!
Please comment for any additional information or anything you would like me to try!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment