Saturday 11 May 2013

Prom Nails No.3 Pink and White French Twist

So here is my 3rd prom look. I haven't added any glitter to this look but I think you could easily add glitter if you wanted to for that extra special look! It's inspired by a French tip manicure but I added an extra layer of pink and have moved away from the traditional small straight white tip. Instead I have gone for the 'cloud' style again and a white then pink to add some extra colour!
The Final Look
So I begun by prepping my nails, I needed to give them all a good cut as they had started to break and where quite brittle and flakey which I am putting down to the weather! My nails are very slightly yellow, I'm pretty sure this is down to constantly wearing nail varnish and not letting my nails breath. I always wear base coat but it could be from some stubborn colours not coming away.... Anyway moving on. I started by trimming shaping and applying a base coat. I recommend also pushing back or trimming your cuticles, I didn't do this today but I do it regularly.

Next I have used a white nail varnish, it's a Barry M one I have never used before and I think it has very good coverage. Using the nail varnish brush I placed it half way up the centre of my nail and steadily pulled the brush down my nail in one smooth stroke. I then followed this step to the left and to the right of the original strip staggering my starting point each time. I wanted to creat a random pattern and have tried not to make any of the nails the same, although they are all quite similar.


Once I had waited for the nail varnish to dry I then followed the original step with the pink nail varnish, only starting a couple of millimetres down from the white. This then created a layered look with the white now outlining the pink cloud shape which you can see in the top picture. I then finished it off with a layer of topcoat for shine and so it will last!

I hope you enjoy your weekend! 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment