Wednesday 5 December 2012

Day 5 of Blogmas! Face Mask!

 So today I would like to show you my once a week facial routine! I don't get chance to do it every week but it is something I like to try and do as often as possible. It's just something to get right down into the blocked pours to help stop spots! I don't have bad skin but I do find I get occasional break outs of spots so I like to keep on top of my skin just to help! My main concern is ageing!!!

So here goes my step by step guide to nice clean fresh soft skin!

Step One. Tie back your hair and remove any eye make up you have on, or any waterproof/stubborn make up. I have used my No7 eye make up remover, but just use your personal favourite! When I run out of eye make up remover I like to use Olive Oil on cotton wool. It removes every trace of waterproof mascara and is good for delicate skin. Remember to be delicate when removing make up around they eyes as you do not want to add to ageing or damage the delicate skin.


Step Two. Wet your face with warm water to open up your pours. Then take your favourite face scrub, I have St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub, I have tried a lot of facial scrubs and this is one of my favourite ones by far, It has apricot in it and it is quite abrasive which is something I like a face scrub, I also tried a soap and glory one a couple of years ago called 'rub your nose in it' that was really good to! Take an amount about the size of a 1 pence piece and apply it to your face. Once you have gently massaged this into your damp skin for a couple of minutes making sure to pay extra attention to your T-zone and around the corners of your nose rinse off well with warm water. 


Step Three. While your skin is still damp from rinsing off your face scrub take a generous sized portion of your facial mask, Sanctuary Deep Cleanse Facial 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask, and gently massage this into your damp skin. This mask is a warming charcoal treatment that cleans and purifies the skin. Massage it all over making sure you again apply this to tour T-zone and any break out areas, take extra care to avoid the eye area and lips as this skin is much more sensitive than the skin on the rest of your face. I applied this mask with my fingers so I could massage it into the skin. If it had been a regular face mask which would be applied on to skin I would have used an old clean make up brush.


Step Four. Sit back and relax for 5 minuets or longer if you have the time.

Step Five. Wash off the face mask with warm water. I removed mine in circular motions with my hand and water, after I had loosened the product I used a gentle flannel. you now have the option to splash your skin with the coldest water you can find to close and tighten the pores. I chose to skip this step as I am about to get into be and am very tired, but if I was doing this before a trip out or in the morning I would have done this. Next I dried my face by gently patting it dry with a towel.

Step Six. I now left my skin for a couple of minuets to settle before applying moisturiser. 

My skin is now very smooth and very soft. I really like the warming sensation you get for this mask and my face feels very clean and fresh. This mask did not make my skin red or sore and I like that you only have to leave it on for 5 minutes so there is always time to use it. my skin also looks slightly brighter. I have not uploaded a picture as it doesn't look different enough that you could see on a picture but it feels very smooth and I am happy with the result!

I hope everyone is still enjoying advent!

X
Products; No7 Eye Make Up Remover, St Ives Apricot Face Scrub, Sanctuary Deep Cleanse Facial


No comments:

Post a Comment