Sunday 9 June 2013

Fancy Dress!!! Zombie Costume

Today's post is a bit different from the normal nails and outfits! I don't know if iv mentioned before but I LOVE fancy dress and my pirate fancy dress is one of my more popular posts so I thought I'd show my zombie look! I hope you like it! if you want to see how I did any of this in more detail then just comment and ill upload some step by step guides! 

So last night I went to the Bournemouth Summer Ball and I went as a zombie!

Zombie in Night Wear!

 My costume is all homemade, including my make up and wounds! I was really cheap and easy and we really effective! I only spent about £15 which was £5 on face paint, £3 or £4 on liquid latex £3 on fake blood and £2 on the nightie from a charity shop!

  
Zombie Nails
I painted my nails to look like zombie nails, as though I had been digging through mud! I did this with a sponge I started with a pale green and sponged on red, brown and black! I did have the nail varnish all over my fingers for a more 'dirty' look but by the time I took this picture it had rubbed off my skin!

Cut Arm, Bullet Hole and Ripped Face
 All of the wounds I made with liquid latex which I found at a fancy dress shop, I stuck tissue onto my face and arm with the liquid latex then put another layer of the latex then tissue then a final layer of latex and once it dried pulled it apart with my fingers and tweezers then filled the middle in the red and black face paint and layered foundation, white face paint and brown eye shadow around the outside once it had settled I covered it in face blood. I would recommend applying a barrier cream or foundation to your skin before applying the liquid latex as when I removed mine some patches of skin have been slightly irritated and I now have red patches on my face and arm! 

Zombie in Zombie Coat

For the night dress and coat I mixed some mud with water and rubbed it on to them, I cut half the arm off my old coat which iv had sat around for ages even though I don't wear because the zip is broken and I cant bare to throw it away!  

Dead Look
For my hair I just French plaited it the day before and took it out as the last thing, back combed it at the roots a bit and put on some hair spray!

I hope you like my costume and it inspires you to try out a zombie look because it is so easy and cheep! If you have enjoyed this then you might like to check out my Pirate look


X

No comments:

Post a Comment