Friday 7 December 2012

Day 7 Of Blogmas Eyebrow Shaping

Iv got my works Christmas party's tomorrow so I'm prepping tonight! So far I have put on some fake tan, painted my nails and now I'm plucking my eyebrows! And here is how it is done....


First here is my eyebrow before started plucking. I prefer eyebrows that are slightly thicker rather than thin ones. I also probably plucked my eyebrow about a week to a week and a half ago!
My Eyebrow Before Plucking

To start you need to measure where you want you brow to start (the most inner point by your nose), where you want it to end (the most outer point by your hair line) and where you want it to peak (the highest point of the arch). To do this you will need a long straight object. I have used a make up brush but you could uses a pencil or anything else that it straight and relatively thin.

Inner Brow
So start in the middle and rest the brush against the most outer edge of your nose and lay it parallel to the bridge of your nose, any hair poking out the edge should be plucked away in short sharp motions in the direction of the hair growth using tweezers. Alternatively you could always wax this away with hot wax or cold wax strips.

Centre Point
To find the highest point look straight ahead and line the brush from your outer nose going straight through the centre of your pupil. This will show where the highest point of your arch should be. (If it is easier for you then you can draw this on with an eyebrow pencil or eye-liner as a rough guide)

Outer Edge, Widest Point
Finally to see where your eyebrows should naturally come to an end keep the brush against your nose and lay it against the outer corner of your eye. where it meets your eyebrow is where your eyebrow should naturally end. Any eyebrow hairs that are not in these guide lines should be plucked out.

Once I have done this I then brush all of my eyebrows up with an old mascara brush and trim then so that there are no stray ends.  I also have eyebrow hair which grows up instead of along in the inner eyebrow nearest to my nose so I trim this off straight to make it look neater. If I am going out I also draw my eyebrows in with a pencil, if you have dark hair you should use a colour 2 shades lighter than your hair colour and if you light hair you should use a colour 2 shades darker than your hair. I also put some hairspray onto the old mascara brush and comb it over my brows to keep them in place.

Here is a picture of my natural finished eyebrows as I am about to get into bed to have some beauty sleep ready for tomorrow. Have a good evening and I hope you all have great fun at your Christmas party's and I hope I have been able to help some people who do not know what to do with there eyebrows!

X
The Finished Plucked Eyebrow

No comments:

Post a Comment