Thursday 18 April 2013

Prom Nails Jade Models Own and Barry M

So I want to start a prom series ready for all the Proms coming up soon!.....So here is my first attempt! Its models own Jade Stone which I have had for a while and I LOVE.... the plain silver on the tips is Barry M Instant Nail Effects in 319 Foil, I have had this for quite some time now and I think they still do it, Its great you only need one coat and stays on really well. the sparkly silver is Barry M Limited Edition Effects which I picked up over a year ago in Boots its in silver glitter 149, Its quite an opaque glitter which you only need one coat!

The Final look!
So to get this look I started by priming my nail off with Sally Hanson (as always) then I applied one coat of the Jade stone! I know... It looks good for one coat! once it was fully dry I painted the bottom half of my nail with the Foil colour, just one coat again. I painted it with a curve around my nail, when doing this try to imitate the shape of your cuticle. Once that was fully dry I painted the glitter on the line, this covered any imperfections, I did not use and special brushes just the normal nail varnish brushes. I finished it off with the Seche Vite top coat with is super fast drying, Hi Shine and its really long lasting! 

Foil and Silver Glitter

I thought that this nail design was a bit of a twist on a French manicure which is a bit more special for an occasion like a prom! I chose to use the Jade but you could change the colour to any other for instance a pink would look really nice! I know a lot of girls do like a pink Prom dress!

Let me know what you think if you try this design out or if you use it for your prom or any other special occasion and I will continue with the prom series! Also if you have any requests for a colour scheme or design leave a comment and I will try my best to do them!
Jade Stone
I hope you have enjoyed this and follow me for me exciting designs!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment