Friday 26 April 2013

NOTD with Models Own scented

So since I tried out the models own scented Strawberry Tart Iv been wanting to get another one. I really like the look of the pastel purple in Grape Juice and have been lusting after it for ages now! Lucky for me pay day has arrived to today I went and picked it up! 

It smells amazing! I didn't think I'd say it but it smells even better than the Strawberry Tart! The smell reminds me of children's shampoo! I know its strange but its really nice.... I know deep down we all wish we could still use the shampoo out of the colourful bottles shaped like fish and splash about with them in the bath.... 

.... anyway back to the point! As always I find models own nail varnishes get better the longer you have them, you can't really tell because I have added a pretty spotty design (if I do say so myself) that even with 2 coats I found it quite translucent in places but this does not put me off as the varnishes tend to stay nice and thin in the bottles for a long time. 


I started by painting my nails with a base coat, then painted on 2 coats of the Grape Juice.Then for this design I just used a hair slide as I do not have a doter, although I should invest, to make a line of dots across my nail! It was really fast and only took a couple of minuets. I started with the Strawberry Tart by models own then for the second line used Barry M Gelly shine in Grapefruit 311.


I didn't use different sized 'doters' to do the different size dots, I just used the back of the hair slide at a slanty angle for the bigger dots so a larger surface area was covering my nail and I used just the tip for the smaller dots so a smaller surface area was touching the nail. I also only dipped once on the smaller dots and dipped into the colour every time for the larger dots.


To finish it off I applied a coat of my super fast drying super shine Seche Vite top coat! you can still 100% smell the grape scent through the top coat, although you can't small the strawberry as the Grape does overpower it but that is what I wanted!


Sorry about the slight mess around the edges of my nails it always look much worse in the photos than in real life! I hope you like this look and if you haven't yet I recommend you try the scented colours out! When I got these today they where on buy on get one half price in boots! I hope you have a nice weekend! Let me know if you try this or something similar out!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment