Sunday 28 April 2013

NOTD Neon Green with Black and White

So I bought the models own Matt nail varnish in Toxic Apple a couple of days ago and wanted to try it out! as the weather is a bit gloomy I didn't really fancy having full on BRIGHT green nails so this morning I saw a design on twitter which inspired me to do this! 

Anyway back to the nail polish its self, its a really nice colour, very neon but I don't rate it for the matt qualities. I was a bit unsure on having just a nail polish which was Matt as you only have each individual colour that is matt rather than being able to pick what colour you want. I would recommend getting the Rimmel Matt Top coat if you want a matt colour but if your looking for something neon then this is a great choice! The other colours in the range also look really good too! It might have looked more neon with 2 coats but I only used one each time as I didn't want to have a huge layer of nail varnish on my nails!


The finished look

I started by trimming my nails then shaping them and putting some base coat on. my nails where much longer but the edges were very weak and when I touched anything they would bend and it would chip my nail varnish so even though they looked nice it was time for a trim!

Prep the Nails
Next I painted my nails a combination of colour using Rimmel 60 second 800 Black Out, The Colour Institute in French white (it was a white I got in a French manicure set) and then Models Own in toxic apple. I just did one coat and I didn't paint them in an order I just did it randomly. 

First Coat of Nail Colours
Next I painted 3/4 of the nail in a different colour to the colour already on my nail. So on my green nail I painted it with the black starting 1/4 of the way down my nail following my cuticle line and leaving a gap around the edge. If I wanted to do the green on top of the black I had to first paint it with the white then paint the neon green over when white once it had dried! 

The Finished Look

This was super easy and really quick! I then added the Seche Vite Top Coat! I hope you like this look! if you try it out let me know what you think!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment