Friday 12 April 2013

NOTD Matte Pink and Coral Fade with Flowers

I am still bed bound so I decided to play about and try and sponge a nail design! I have never tried this before but after a bit of practice I found a way that worked for me! This was to firstly use a base coat, tape up around the edge of my nails with selotape which didn't take as long as I thought it would,  then to paint my nails with the lightest nail varnish colour, I have used models own scented strawberry tart. After it has dried paint onto a sponge your darkest colour, I have used models own, coral reef, then directly underneath the lighter colour you used to paint your whole nail with, dab this onto the nail with the sponge I tried rolling it side to side but I found dabbing it gave the best result.
Final Design 
Once the nail varnish had dried I put a blob of nail varnish onto a plastic bag and using a hair grip to make dots I dotted 5 small dots together on the nail to make a flower. I have randomly placed these onto the nail, using alternate colours on the opposite colours. I then used Models own Fuzzy Peach to create the centre of the flowers. I finished with Rimmel Matte Top Coat to seal the design in.
Tape to avoid mess
Finally I removed the tape when it was dry and went around my finger with some nail varnish remover and a cotton bud! This is quite a time consuming method but it does tidy it up A LOT!! The selotape did a god job but it doesn't cover all the exposed skin! I did like this technique of sponging but in the future I would only use it if I was using more than 2 colours. I feel that the clear nail polish technique of dabbing the 2 colours together is quicker, easier and more effective.
sponge and plastic bag for mess and dotting
One really good thing about this is even though I have used the top coat I can still smell the strawberry scented nail varnish! I think this is really cool and when I first used it I didn't apply top coat as I thought it would ruin it! Its not as powerfull as it was when I didn't use a top coat but I can still 100% smell it!


Strawberry Tart, Coral Reef, Fuzzy Peach, Matte Top Coat


X

No comments:

Post a Comment