Thursday 9 May 2013

Prom Look No.2 Purple and Silver with Glitter

So here is the second of my prom nail designs! Its a silver and purple design with small and large glitter chunks! I saw a design a bit like this on another blog, I can't remember what one, and made a variation of it!
The finished look

So to get this design I started with a lilac nail polish I had already had on my nails for a couple of days which had stared to chip around the edges.  I used a silver nail varnish and painted them with 3 separate strokes starting at different points on the nail.to achieve this 'cloud' type of effect. I think you could just stop here and maybe put an outline colour on as I think it would make it look a bit more finished.

Painting the 'Clouds'


Next I used a hair pin to dot a 'blob' of nail varnish above the cloud type effect and then dragged the 'blob' of nail varnish down to the rest of the silver nail varnish so it is all joined together. If you can make the line thinner it looks better but it is quite difficult to do this with the hair pin. If I had a small detail brush or a nail art pen this would have been much easier and cleaner! Although this was not to had to do, the lines are just a bit uneven which I don't mind but some people do!

Joining the Dots

Once I had done this I painted glitter on the bottom half of the silver chunk of nail, this doesn't need to be steady or neat you can just do it quite roughly. I have used a fine glitter to do this as I want it to shimmer on the edge of my nail and not to be to noticeable.
Adding the Fine Glitter


Finally I used a chunky glitter and put it on the dots. you could also use rhinestones or you could leave them blank. the larger chunks of glitter are shown in the top picture. This look was easy and quick to do. I think it looks much more skilled than it actually is and would be a perfect look for a lilac/purple prom look!

Also as a bit of extra news I am currently on a 'healthy living plan' = DIET!!! Its really hard work, iv been eating healthy and cutting back and exercising. I might start doing some posts about that, ill see how it goes! 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment