Friday 15 November 2013

Nude Nails with Christmasy Black Sparkly Tips

So today I have decided to do a sort of step by step how I did my nails like this guide! 
So as you can see my natural nails are very stained because I wear nail varnish pretty much 100% of the time! Nearly all of the time I use base coat but on this one occasion I didn't and my nails got stained! So always wear base coat! So I started by shaping my nails with a very fine nail file as they only needed a touch up they didn't need to much re shaping or re sizing.


Next I gave my nails a gentle buff with a buffer block I got really cheap from superdrug and then applied my base coat. My most recent base coat is Sally Hansen miracle nail thickener, I don't think it does what it says it does but it is strong and if your just wearing the base cost it's nice and shiny, I would probably buy it again but not to thicken my nails! It's the one with the purple bottle and gold lid!

Next I applied one quite tick coat of miss sporty in a nude shade. It is number 24 it's one I have blogged about before, I really like it and 100% recommend it if you on a budget!


Once that had dried I followed the shape of my nails edge and painted it black, this was actually a massive pain in the arse as both of my black nail varnishes I've had for ages and ages and ages and they were both really thick and hard to work with but I'm sure if you had a thinner nail varnish that you would find the task of following the shape of your nails very easy! Before you do this you could tape up the sides of your nails as it gets very messy escically when you paint your hand your not so good at. I think taping up your nails is a complete waste of time and once your nails are 100% dry just soak them in some warm water for 5 minuets and give them a gentle brush with a nail brush or at the end of a bath or shower and all the varnish on your fingers will be gone!


Once the black was dry you could just stop there as they look really nice. I applied one layer of top coat before I went on to the next stage, as I wanted something a bit more glittery and special! So I used the BarryM special effects limited addition glitter that I got a couple of years ago in a sale, it's still going strong, and applied that to the very edge of my nails!


So once the glitter had dryed, I put on two coats, I applied another layer of top coat. Seche Vite is my favourite glossy top coat I have ever come across in my whole life, no exaggeration! It makes any nail varnish I apply stay on for a week plus and I'm convinced it's the only reason my nails are so long. As you can see it's really messy around the edge of my nails where I've been a bit heavy handed.


So as I said earlier I just waited till all my nail varnish was dry, Seche Vite makes it touch dry really fast but it's not really 100% dry on the lower coats so I waited a couple of hours then soaked my nails for a couple of minuets rubbed them with the nail brush and here is the final result! 

 
I hope you have enjoyed this, if you try it out then you should send me a picture! Don't forget to follow my blog. I'll have lots of Christmas sparkly nail designs coming up and some product reviews on my current skin care and just lots of other bits and bobs really! 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment