Tuesday 15 January 2013

Blue Fade, Nail Design,With Glitter

So today I decided to paint my nails with a blue fade with the light blue starting at the cuticle and the dark blue at the tip. I also added some glitter to the light blue for extra sparkle!!! So I got all of these nail varnishes for Christmas (except the base coat) they are Miss Cole nail polishes in a light pearlesent blue (no 10) and a dark pearlesent blue (no 16). And also a Rimmel lasting finish in 500 Disco Ball. And finally my Sally Hanson hard as nails.
Its Tue first time I have used these Miss Cole polishes, I was impressed with the dark blue straight away, it is so pigmented, the light blue was pretty watery though. But I think after 2 coats it shows up just fine!

So to get this look I preped my nails by trimming, fileing them, cutting off my cuticles (i know your just Kent to push them back and I regiment it if that works for you but I started cutting mine years ago and prefure to do that) then applying a base coat. For this I used another Sally Hanson, again hard as nails but this time in clear. Once the base coat was fully dry I applied one coat of the light blue colour. Once that was dry I painted a second coat 3/4 of the way down my nail, ensuring to put a slightly thicker coat so it doesn't dry as fast. Then using the dark blue straight away I painted a strip across the final 1/4 of my nail at the tip, much like a French manicure. Then you get your clear nail varnish (preferably an old one) and paint a strip across the line where the two colours meet. Then using the brush gently dab it on the line so the colours fade into one another. I then waited for the now rather thick layer on nail varnish to dry. Once it was dry I painted on the glitter as I like a bit of embelisment. You can paint it over the whole nail if you wish but I stopped as the fade started! Finally you can paint this with your top coat.

Iv included one picture before the glitter and after. I hope you enjoy this! Please follow and comment!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment